MovieMaps

Movies Filmed at Luton Hoo Estate

Luton Hoo Estate, Luton LU1 3TQ, UK

Official Site

The house on the Luton Hoo Estate was designed in the neoclassical style by architect Robert Adam and constructed for John Stuart, the 3rd Earl of Bute starting in 1767. The exterior of the house was renovated by architect Robert Smirke in 1830 to its present form. The house was gutted by a fire in 1843 and in the subsequent rebuild the interior was modernized to match Smirke's exterior. The interior was redesigned once more in 1903 by new owner Sir Julius Wernher in the belle epoque style. Currently the house is operated as a 228-room luxury hotel, while the surrounding estate is still owned by the Wernher family.

Nearby Locations
Town Hall Square from Blinded by the Light
3109 km

The Hyde House from Bright Star
3228 km

Browse more nearby locations.