Movies Filmed at David Dunlap Observatory123 Hillsview Drive, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 1T3, Canada
David Dunlap Observatory was constructed by the University of Toronto in 1935 and operated by them until 2008 when it was sold to the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada and then resold in 2018 to the City of Richmond Hill for historical preservation. The main observatory consists of a 74-inch telescope, the second largest in North America at the time of its installation. Atop the nearby administration build are three additional domes that have housed various telescopes over the years. Light pollution from the growing development around the site and the relatively small size of the telescope eventually reduced its scientific usefulness.