Movies Filmed at Canary Restaurant439 Cherry Street, Toronto, ON M5A, Canada
The Place Street School opened in 1859 designed by architect Joseph Sheard to teach about 180 students. The building was sold after the school's closure in 1887 and became a hotel that went by several names including Irvine House, Cherry Street Hotel, and Eastern Star Hotel. When these various hotels failed the building stood vacant from 1910–22 when it was converted for industrial uses.
The Canary Restaurant began operation on the ground floor of the building in 1965 and retained its 60s-era decor until its closure in 2007 due to a drop in traffic caused by development in the area.