Constructed in 1889 for the owner of a chain of bakeries around the city. In 1928 the home was bought by a group of Russians who converted the ground floor into a nightclub. In 1948 the building changed hands again and was this time turned into a 14-unit apartment building. After several more eventful decades the home was purchased by Sim Siegel who restored the building to much of its historic state in the mid-80s. The home has been a designated landmark since 1989.