The Electra Building was constructed in 1957 as the headquarters for the BC Electric Company. That company became BC Hydro in 1961 and the building remained their headquarters until 1998 when it was sold and converted into condos. Much of the detail including the lobby mosaic was designed in collaboration with local artist B.C. Binning to harmonize with the grey, green, and blue of the Pacific Northwest. A Vancouver heritage building.